Geospatial Services at BackOffice Pro
BackOffice Pro (BOP) is a renowned geospatial service provider in India assisting global companies in their designing and drafting needs for various geospatial engineering requirements, including flood control, energy management, stormwater management modeling, and more. We are trusted for our precision and accuracy in detailing every aspect of the site.
Read more about our Geospatial services we offer
Meet the Client - Renowned Engineering Consultant in New Hampshire
The client is an engineering consulting company focusing on stormwater management specializing in design, planning, and permitting the water resources, nutrient control, water quality, hydrology, environmental engineering, NPDES permitting, and much more. Founded in the year 2016, they are an excellent engineering solution provider in New Hampshire and loved by their clients.
The Objectives Behind the Vulnerability Mapping
The client partnered with BackOffice Pro for vulnerability mapping to:
- Detect flood hazards around the oil tank areas
- Marking the elevation scenario of the compound walls
- Drafting and detailing of each site
Project Cost$2.5k per site
Volume9 sites, 11 plants
Client’s Challenges Before Availing Bop’s Vulnerability Mapping Assistance
The client was looking for a company to partner with to get assistance on the flood hazard detection of the area around oil tanks based on the water level, marking the elevation scenarios of the compound structure in the area. They also required drafting the detail of each site or tank, along with flood plain modeling and validation of data check, while abiding by the North American standard and a benchmark and datums set by the govt. Coming across BOP, they were highly lured by the expertise we have and hired us for their project.
Vulnerability Mapping Solution from BOP
Once we received the GIS data, hurricane data, site data, locations of nine sites and eleven plants, five experts started working on the project with a precise step by step procedure:
- We downloaded the LiDAR data (Las) from the link provided by the client and created the base plan for the entire area and edited the LiDAR data and enhanced the features, for example, the walls, earthen dams, etc. that will protect the area from flood due to the rise in the sea level
- The Las data shall be cross-checked with Google image for any missing features followed with verifying elevation with LiDAR data -North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD88)
- Then we generated the DTM (Digital Terrain Model) by editing LiDAR DSM (Digital Surface Model) and the contour polygons at a specified elevation interval based on the instructions on overlaying Base map, FEMA zone boundary, contour polygons over the Google earth image.
- We mapped the annotation for roads, rivers, places, etc. and generated the pdf maps by adding a legend, scale, client logo, and metadata from respective websites and finally, we delivered the PDF map and GIS files used for the Area of Interest.
While accomplishing the project, downloading the data from the resources, synchronizing, and mapping with the defined detail, were difficult. Sometimes the data was not in a uniform format, and these were challenging at the beginning of the project. However, we converted all the data in one standard format using various software like – Terrascan, Teramodel, esriGis, Autocad map, Globalmmaper.
The Results of the Vulnerability Assistance Service form BOP
- The client got a 60% cost-benefit on their project.
- They got assisted on areas of interest on 9 sites and 11 plants
- They received the project within 20 days and highly appreciated the output.